It is spring and a time when many of us begin the arduous task of “Spring Cleaning.” It is especially difficult when we have all that clutter in the home to even begin the cleaning process.
Here are a few ideas for you to consider in the “clutter busting” at your home:
Find four containers and put a label on each one: Trash, Give away/Sell, Storage and Put Away. These names seem to be obvious, but isn’t it hard to throw anything away? Walk through each room of you home and ask yourself these questions:
1. Is this item broken and cannot be repaired? Trash it!
2. Is this item broken and is fixable, but I do not want to do it! Donate to someone who can.
3. When was the last time that I used it, wore it or do I even like it any more? Does it fit? If you answer anything in the timeframe of a year or more or I don’t even like it anymore, you need to consider consignment stores if the condition is good and if not,you can donate it!
4. Store those items that you do not want to part with, but you rarely use them.
5. Put away the things that you use regularly, but ask yourself if they are essential to your life. This should be your smallest pile.
Once you have gotten more organized and the clutter is busted, you can start that “Spring Cleaning.”