You do not have to spend a ton of your remodeling investment dollars to include some “green” features to your home. In doing these options, you not only protect the environment but you can save money on the energy required to operate your home. Going green is a way to create a sustainable and healthy home for the residents and save precious energy dollars. Both are great ideas!
Consider these changes to your home:
1. add some insulation
2. energy efficient windows
3. dual flush toilets, low flow faucets and shower heads
4. shorten the HVAC ductwork so the system does not have to work so hard.
5. Environmentally friendly wall colors
6. compact fluorescent lights
7. Energystar rated high efficiency appliances.
Take a look at some of these ideas and see what you can do to “go green”.