With summer approaching, it is important to consider many things in protecting the condition and beauty of both your lawn and landscaping.
1. Keep all beds and gardens mulched to keep plants more hydrated. This will also ensure that micro-organisms that help with growth of the plants, continue to increase.
2. Empty all containers with standing water to eliminate the breeding grounds for mosquitos.
3. Use natural pest control, diatomaceous earth. Sprinkle it on ant mounds.
4. Keep your lawn longer rather than cutting it too short and water early in the morning and for short periods of time.
5. Recycle your grass clippings by returning them to the lawn rather than throwing them away. They are nutrient rich and contain moisture for the soil.