Believe it or not, that trusty dishwasher that you expect to keep all of your dishes and flatware clean, needs to be cleaned, on a regular basis to keep it running and working properly. Deposits and food debris can become deposited in the dishwasher so you need to make sure to clean yours. Have you never cleaned yours?
Well, here is an easy explanation on how you can do this.
1. Fill your kitchen sink with hot water and 2 cups of vinegar. This is where you will place the parts of your dishwasher to soak while you clean the interior.
2. Remove the racks and silverware holders and place in the sink of hot water and vinegar. If you notice food particles stuck on these, remove them.
3. Wipe any food particles or debris off of the arms of the dishwasher that spins around inside. Wipe around the edges of the door and the gasket inside the door thoroughly. Wipe down the walls and bottom of the dishwasher with vinegar water from the sink.
4. If you notice mold or mildew inside the dishwasher, run a cleaning cycle using bleach to disinfect. Do not mix bleach with any other cleaners.
5. Once the parts in the sink are clean, you can put them back inside the interior of the dishwasher.
Tips for regular cleaning:
1. Every so often, run your empty dishwasher with 2 Cups of vinegar. Stop the cycle half way through and allow the vinegar to sit in the bottom of the dishwasher. Then, you can finish the cycle.
2. Run the disposal before turning on the dishwasher as both use the same pipe for draining.
3. Run your kitchen sink with hot water, prior to starting the dishwasher. This will give it a hotter start.
4. Refill the rinsing compartment of your dishwasher once a month.
Keep your dishwasher clean so that it can continue to keep your dishes clean!
Leave A Comment